UWA Torpedoes Women’s Water Polo Head Coach
Located in Perth, the dynamic capital city of Western Australia, the nation’s fastest growing State, the UWA Torpedoes have their home at the prestigious University of Western Australia, boasting state-of-the-art facilities.
Position Name - Head Coach Women’s Team
Employment Basis - Part Time ( Approx 30 hrs/week)
Position Duration - 12 months (with possible extension at the end of the term)
Reports To - UWA Torpedoes Executive Board
Positions Reporting to the Head Coach - Girls 16 U and Girls 18 U Assistant Coaches
Remuneration - Negotiable
The role of the Head Coach of the UWA Torpedoes Women’s Team is to select a squad/team and coach the group to achieve the best possible results at one or more major team competitions (eg. National Championships). In addition the Head Coach will be responsible for creating pathways/programs for girls playing in the 16 U and 18 U teams to be competitive in the NWPL and National squads.
The Head Coach may also be called upon to provide coaching sessions to feeder clubs that constitute the UWA Torpedoes. If the Head Coach is required to provide these sessions, then any such arrangement will be subject to a prior written agreement with the UWA Torpedoes Board, the Club and the Head Coach.
The primary responsibilities of the Coach include:
Provide quality coaching to athletes aspiring to represent UWA Torpedoes Women’s team at the 2012-13 National Waterpolo League.
Impart world class coaching techniques to improve the athletes’ waterpolo skills, tactics and game knowledge.
Coach the 16U and 18U Girls Teams in the areas of waterpolo skills, tactics and strategies with assistance from the respective assistant coaches.
Ensure that the training experience is positive and encouraging for involvement in the sport at the National and International level.
Setup and implement a selection policy for the UWA Torpedoes women’s, 16U and 18U girls’ team.
Prepare and manage the athletes to maximise individual and team performance during major competitions.
Provide positive and appropriate communication to athletes, parents, assistant coaches, sponsors and UWA Torpedoes Board, Western Australia Institute of Sport (WAIS) & National Coaches.
The skills expected for this position include:
· Waterpolo coaching experience at the National and International level
· Formal training as a coach (eg. Senior Club Coaching (SCC) Level 1 or Level 2 coach or overseas equivalent)
· Strong verbal and written communication skills including fluency in English
· Sport specific skills to plan an effective waterpolo training programs for female juniors and senior elite level competition.
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Interstate Travel is required
· All applicants must submit their applications via email highlighting their achievements and experience in the areas of primary responsibilities to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews and be asked to present their approach towards formulating a Waterpolo program for the UWA Torpedoes Women’s National League team.
· Overseas and Interstate Applicants will be interviewed over Skype/telephone and Webex.