Why attend a NCAS Senior Club Coach Course? The NCAS Senior Club Coaching Course (old level 2) is the only advanced water polo coaching course recognised by the Australian Sports Commission through the National Coach Accreditation Scheme (NCAS).
- Specific Positions including: developing the centre forward; developing the centre back; coaching the driver; developing the goalkeeper.
- Professional Issues: coaching at national championships; drugs in sport; membership protection etc.
- Team Management & Statistics; adapting a standard training program to suit specific groups (e.g. school aged players); physical preparation before the game; video analysis and stats.
- Six on Five Attack: Teaching strategies; individual positions; pass combinations; decision making; set plays.
- Six on Five Defence: Teaching strategies; individual positions; pass combinations; decision making; set plays.
- Attack Strategies: Against Press - screens, picks, dead time driving, two CFs, Static CF, rotating CFs
Against Zones - driving, passing combinations, sliding, screens, wing drop, M Zone
- Defence Strategies: As per Attack Strategies above
- Current Accredited NCAS Club Coach (old NCAS Level 1)
- Satisfactory completion of the Intermediate Coaching General Principles please click on the following link for further information IGCP
- Two years coaching experience.
The SCC is the next step in the AWPI coaching pathway for those wishing to progress their coaching career it is suitable for coaches who hold the following positions.
- Club Head Coach
- Club Coaching Coordinators
- Rep Team Coaches e.g. State, 16 Clubs, 18s, 20s
- A Grade Club Coaches
AWPI conduct SCC Course on a required basis. The specifics component consists of around three days of lectures and it is envisaged that the course will be spread out over a number of months to enable a flexible approach to learning.